If you have found out that you are suffering from depression and are scared of visiting a doctor, you can follow these simple steps. These steps will help you in understanding what you are going through and help you deal with the problem. Since these steps are simple guidelines, there is no guarantee that these steps will help everyone. If you feel that these steps are ineffective, make sure you visit your doctor immediately. Here are the steps that can help you deal with depression:
Lead an Active Live
Depressed people who withdraw from life must put in effort to make changes in your life. You must take steps to improve your relations with your family members. Try to speak to as many people in your home and office. You can also call up a few of your friends when you feel low. This will help in changing your mood and improve your self-esteem.
You must also make it a point to do some form of exercise every day. This will improve your mood and give you more stamina to complete your work. If you haven’t exercised for several months, you can start by walking for at least 20 minutes every day. You can also attend classes at a local sports center or join a club. If these facilities are not available in the area you live, you can take simple steps to be more active in your daily routine. For example, instead of using a car for your travel requirements, you can use a cycle.
Learn to Deal with your Fears
Most people resort to drinking to avoid things that they find difficult. You must try to deal with your fears and handle each problem with courage. Running away from the problem will only increase your problem. If you are unable to find a solution for your problem, try discussing the problem with the people who care about you. Once you starting facing up to problem situations, you will be able to solve your problem.
Here are a few tips that will help you deal with your fear:
- When you are afraid of something, you are flooded with feeling of anxiety. To deal with this situation, you must give yourself a break. When you have calmed down, you will be able to find the best solution for your problem.
- When you are scared, you must understand that it is not the end of the world. You must consider the worst possible outcome of the project. If you write down the worst possible outcomes, you will realize that your problem is not very big and can be solved if you have a clear mind.
- Running away from your fear will make it scarier. If you are scared of dogs, try to go near the dog and feel the fear until you are no longer scared of dogs. Once you face your fear, it will start to fade away.
- You must get real and understand that same problems will not attack you again and again. For example, if you are attacked by a thief when you where returning home, it does not mean that a thief will do that every day.
- Everyone in this world has some imperfection and you must not curse yourself because you have some shortcomings. Everyone has to deal with stressful situations and setbacks. So don’t be scared just because you have to face a problem.
- When you face a problem, you can calm your mind by imagining a place of happiness and safety. It could be a picture of you enjoying your morning walk or spending time with your friends. These positive feelings will soothe your mind and you will feel relaxed.
Lead a disciplined life
Most people who are down don’t lead a disciplined life. They stay up late and sleep for several hours during the day. You must try to stick to a routine which includes eating healthy food, sleeping on time and exercising. If you lead a disciplined life, you will get more time and strength to deal with your problem.
Take a test to find out if you are Suffering from Depression