Archive for August, 2012
According to a study conducted by World Health Organisation, it was found that the main cause of death is not a disease but the behavior of people towards the treatment of the disease. There are many people who don’t take medicines prescribed by the physician on time because of several reasons like forgetfulness, misunderstanding or because they are so busy that they don’t have time to take medicines. Keeping track of the medicine one has to take can be challenging for most people.
When a person is prescribed a medication, it is important that they take the medicine as directed by their physician. If medications are not taken appropriately, it can be costly and can even lead to the death of the patient.
There are many companies that have understood the importance of adhering to the medication prescribed by the physician. These companies have come out with a solution called the digital pillbox. The pillbox is not only an electronic reminder gadget that reminds you of the pills you must take but it also has several functions to ensure the safety of the patients. It has several features reduce the risk of missed doses or errors which can make it easier for healthcare professionals and loved ones to take care of the patients.
The pillbox maintains the medication schedule of the patient and includes an alarm system that alerts the patient that it is time they took their medication. It also shows details of the pill to be taken, as most pills look similar. The pillbox also keeps a record of the dosage taken and keeps a detailed of the pills taken by the patient. This digital log can be easily shared with healthcare professionals when required.
The best part about using the pillbox is that people who aren’t tech savvy can also use the box. The product is uses the latest technology to deliver solution that meets the needs of the caregivers and patients. Since there are several varieties of digital pillboxes available in the market, it is a good idea to check out a few products before you make a purchase.
There are many people who wrongly group sex addiction and porn addiction under one umbrella. Even though there are many similarities between sex and porn addition, they are two different forms of addiction. Many healthcare providers misdiagnose the symptoms of these addictions which can lead to ineffective treatment of the problem. For example, many porn addicts who suffer from erectile dysfunction are given drugs to treat erectile dysfunction instead of counseling that will help them lay off porn.
Here are some important differences between sex addiction and porn addiction:
- Sex addicts are involved with real people while porn addiction involves searching for visual novelty in books and computer. Most people who are addicted to porn are hooked to visually explicit novelty. On the other hand, sex addicts are looking for real life experiences with novel partners and enjoy risky sex and voyeurism.
- Porn addiction is similar to video-game addiction and this addiction does not spill over into real life sexual activity. In fact, most people who are addicted to porn don’t get aroused by real sexually attractive women. Sex addicts rely on real life experience to fulfill their sexual needs.
- Most porn addicts usually like one partner to fulfill their sexual needs. On the other hand, sexual addicts prefer having sex with several partners to fulfill their needs.
- Porn addicts are more likely to suffer from problems in sexual performance. However, it is difficult to hear sex addicts facing problems in sexual performance.
- Porn addicts usually use internet to access high-speed porn when they are teenagers. However, there are some older guys who get addicted to porn after getting a high-speed internet connect. Sex addicts don’t require internet connection to fulfil their needs.
- Most people who are addicted to porn cannot stop viewing online porn which can interfere with their mating and dating abilities. People who are addicted to sex don’t face any dating and mating ability.